The OF-3 is a slight improvement upon the prior OFX-2. Technological advances increased the engine output and provided a light frame, allowing for use of a more powerful Force. This new model has the capability of stealth mode to hide from detection systems, but it's not be confused with a proper cloaking device; stealth mode is all but useless in direct combat. It also is able to eject its canopy.
Successor based on the OF-1 design concept. A fusion reactor was added, and the body is smaller, lighter, and has stealth capability.
Requirements: Pilots must log 30 minutes with the previous OFX-2 Valkyrie to fly this craft.
- 2 x Red Pod
- 2 x Blue Pod
- 2 x Homing Missile
- 1 x Depth Bomb
The OF-3 Garuda is an experimental fighter which the pilot must test before using it in real combat.
- Plasma Flame - A short range flame thrower is released that bends up to 90 degrees opposite of the movement of the OF-3.
- Side Search Laser - Works exactly like a Homing Laser except instead of shooting up, it shoots to the left and right then bends up/down.
- Ground Missile - Missiles shoot out the sides and travel up along the terrain.
- Gravity Bomb - A slow moving bomb is shot ahead and upon impact spreads out a small distance.
- Multi-Barrier - A barrier is formed that slightly moves when the OF-3 moves. It can also be shot out to damage targets.
- Speed Cannon - The speed of the ship determines how big the shot is. Higher speeds means smaller shots.
OF-3 Garuda -Orbital Fighter-
Enhanced version of the orbital fighter with a Desynch function. Has more fuel.
Charge: 5 Turns
Orbital Fighter Plan
|Vulcan||14||35||42||2-2||50%||A/C||Optical||Dense laser of ultra-accelerated electromagnetic induced particles.|
|Plasma Flame||9||45||54||1-1||35%||A/C||Heat||Laser weapon that shoots plasma-like energy particles. Short ranged, but powerful.|
|Tracer Missile II||7||31||37||2-3||75%||A/B||Guided||Enhanced missiles installed with higher-powered homing devices for greater accuracy. Can intercept enemy fire.|
|Pod Shot||7||55||65||---||80%||ATK||Physical||Pods fire, damaging enemies in front of the unit. Firepower increases when both pods are present.|
Red Pod -Auxiliary-
Auxiliary weapon supporting the orbital fighter. While sticking to the unit, it is able to launch an attack on an enemy unit.
|Photon Gun||50||17||21||1-1||65%||A/C||Optical||Electromagnetic vulcan cannon with rapid photon payload. Unstable and short range, but has moderate power.|
- The Garuda is a bird-like entity seen in Buddhism and Hindu mythology.
- In Image Fight II, the OF-3 Garuda replaces the OF-1 Daedalus.
- Two Garudas were shot down during real combat, just like the two Daedalus in Image Fight.