The OF-type series was a departure of the standard R-type craft. The OF series focused on high-end Bit Conductors and control of said devices, whereas the R-type craft were built towards ever-stronger Wave Cannons and new Force units (though the OF series had their own run of unique Force devices). As such, pilots using an OF craft will find their focus to be with stronger and more versatile Bit Devices.
The OF-1 has been integrated into the R-craft fleet, and now has many of the same capabilities as other craft, though it's still not prepared to handle a full-power Wave Cannon. Pilots will gain access to this ship after logging 90 minutes of flight time with the TX-T Eclipse.
First unit equipped with a Cyber Connector able to enter and exit the atmosphere. When changing speeds, it transforms for stability. Excess energy after transforming is emitted from the rear. This has been confirmed as a useful weapon and skilled pilots have been known to attack with it during combat.
- 2 x Red Pod
- 2 x Blue Pod
- 2 x Homing Missile
- 1 x Depth Bomb
"The New Wings of Courage"
OF-1 Daedalus -Orbit Fighter-
Fighter fitted with cyber connectors allowing it to control support pods. It is capable of desynching.
Charge: 5 Turn
Warp Coordinates (RTT1 Only)
Orbit Fighter Scheme
|Drill Laser||18||55||65||1-1||40%||A/C||Optical||A short-range laser with destructive power relative to other optical lasers.|
|Ring Laser||14||43||51||2-2||60%||A/C||Vector||Polarized laser fired from orbit fighters.|
|Homing Missile||8||33||39||2-3||65%||A/B||Guided||Trace missiles fired from orbit fighters. They have both offensive and defensive capabilities.|
|Pod Shot||5 Turn||55||65||---||80%||ATK||Physical||Pods fire, damaging enemies in front of the unit. Firepower increases when both pods are present.|
Description: Red Pod
OF-1 Red Pod -Armored Support-
Powerful support for orbital fighters that is capable of firing on its own.
Armaments: Red Pod
|Photon Gun||50||18||1-1||65%||A/C||Optical||Electromagnetic vulcan cannon with rapid photon payload. Unstable with short range, but has moderate force.|
Image Fight The OF-1 is the only ship used in this game. It must go through five combat simulation stages before being used in combat. It's first mission was to destroy an alien base located in the moon.
- Drill Cannon - Shoots pulse lasers directly ahead.
- V-Vulcan - Shoots shots in a V pattern, leaves the front vulnerable without Pods but has some front attack ability.
- Side Shot - Shoots shots to the left and right of the OF-1, leaves the front vulnerable without Pods.
- Ring Laser - Shoots a semi waving circular ring in a V pattern. It will shoot ahead if the Fire button is held down.
- Reflection Ball - Shoots balls in a V pattern that bounces off of walls and targets.
- 5-Way - Shoots 5 shots directly ahead in a wide pattern.
- Homing Missiles - Shoots several missiles that home in on nearby targets.
- Search Laser - Shoots small lasers that shoot ahead then turn 90 degrees left/right to hit targets.
- Shield - Forms a circular shield in front that blocks some bullets. In order to use this, you have to hold the Fire button.
The OF-1 Daedalus is the first ship available until is replaced by the OF-3 Garuda.
- Daedalus was a Greek wise-man, inventor, and artisan. He crafted Icarus' wings, to a tragic end.
- Pilot an OF-1 is a risk for all the pilots, two Daedalus where shot down in the real mission of Image Fight.