It allows the pilot to use the following beams with the appropriate Laser Crystal:
- Red: Twin Laser W: A pair of lasers fire out of the Force and will intersect upon contacting an enemy.
- Level 3: The lasers are larger and stronger.
- Blue: Impact Dispersion Laser: The Force fires a wispy blue diagonal beam that erupts in a fierce impact upon contacting an surface or Bydo. A secondary laser is launched from the point of impact, much like a Reflective Laser.
- Level 3: The beam is fiercer, and the impact stronger.
- Yellow: Defense Laser W: A small yellow optical sphere is fired ahead and below the craft. As soon as it aligns with a Bydo on a vertical level, it breaks up and shoots two streams of lasers at it.
- Level 3: The sphere fires four lasers instead of two lasers.
- Level 1: The Force shoots a single bullet forward.
- Level 2: The Force fires two vertical shots, one above and one below.
- Level 3: The Force fires four bullets vertically, in a tight "X" pattern above and below the Force.
The Defensive Force is almost as widely used as the Standard Force. This Force builds on its great balance of power. After much experimental work, the firepower was nearly doubled.
|-|R-Type Command/Tactics 1+2=
F-D2 Defensive Force+ -Enhanced Force-
Enhanced Defensive Force with improved optical lasers.
- HP: 160 (150 in RTT2)
- Fuel: 100
- Radar: 3
- Speed: 2
- Evade: 35%
This unit can be captured, but not created by the player.
|Bydo Shot||99||10||11||1-1||45%||A/C||Machine Gun||Standard Bydo weapon. Has short range and low power, but limitless ammunition.|
|Force Ram||99||60||71||1-1||70%||ATK||Ram||Forces can ram into the enemy, pushing enemies back or stealing fuel upon impact.|